Wimbledon Challenge - Day 2
Abbreviations: K = knit, P = purl
Cast on 33 stitches (or a multiple of 8 + 1 if you want to make your squares bigger or smaller, just remember to knit more or less rows to make a square!)
- (Right Side) K1, *P7,K1. Repeat from * to end
- P1, *K7, P1. Rep from * to end
- K2, *P5, K3. Rep from * to last 7 stitches. P5, K2
- P2, *K5, P3. Rep from * to last 7 stitches. K5, P2
- K3. *P3, K5. Rep from * to last 6 stitches. P3, K3
- P3. *K3, P5. Rep from * to last 6 stitches. K3, P3
- K4. *P1, K7. Rep from * to last 5 stitches. P1, K4
- P4. *K1, P7. Rep from * to last 5 stitches. K1, P4
- as row 2
- as row 1
- as row 4
- as row3
- as row 6
- as row 5
- as row 8
- as row 7
Repeat these 16 rows once more then repeat rows 1 to 8. Cast off
Sample crocheted using a 4mm hook with DK yarn
Abbreviations: (UK terms) ch = chain, dc = double crochet, ttr = triple treble (wrap yarn over hook 3 times. Go into stitch and pull up a loop. *Yarn over and pull through 2 loops. Repeat from * until 1 loop left.
Start the first triple treble crochet cluster in the next stitch. *Yarn over three times and insert the hook in the stitch and draw up a loop. Yarn over and draw through the first two loops. Yarn over and draw through the next two loops. Yarn over and draw through the next two loops.* You should now have two loops left on your hook. Repeat from * to * until you have 4 loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 4 loops.
Double ttr group =
Work a ttr group into the same dc as last group up to the point of having 4 loops on the hook. Don’t pull yarn through these loops. Miss 5 dc. Into next dc make a ttr group until there are 7 loops on the hook. Yarn over and pull through all 7 loops.
Chain 26 (or a multiple of 6 + 2) if you want to make your squares bigger or smaller, just remember to crochet more or less rows to make a square!)
- (Right side) 1dc into 2end ch from hook. 1dc into each chain to end, turn.
- 1ch, 1dc into each dc to end. Turn
- 5 chain (counts as 1ttr), miss first 3dc. Make 1ttr group into next dc. 5 chain. *1 double ttr group, 5 chain. Rep from * to last 3dc. In same dc as last double ttr group make a ttr group but don’t pull through the 4 loops. Make 1ttr into last dc until 5 loops on hook. Yarn over and pull through all 5 loops. Turn
- 1ch, *1dc into top of group. 5dc into 5ch arch. Repeat from * to last group. 1dc into 5th chain at beg of previous row. Turn
- 1ch. 1dc in each dc to end. Turn
Pop back tomorrow for the next 2 squares!